Welcome to Isle of Wight County Schools!
Any child who reaches the age of 5 by September 30 of the start of a new school year may enroll as a kindergarten student in IWCS. Students with birthdays after September 30 must wait until the following school year to attend public school in Virginia.
To ensure a smooth transition for students transferring from other school divisions, it is important that school records be forwarded in a timely manner. Please be sure to provide your child's current school with contact information for their new IWCS school. Once records are received, placement and class schedules can be set.
Parents also will need to gather several forms to ensure successful enrollment. Items Needed to Register Child:
- Proof of Residency – this could be a mortgage/lease statement or a current public utility bill such as water, electric or gas or a residency affidavit (available at any school office)
- Child’s State Issued Birth Certificate
- Child’s Physical Health Form – dated within 12 months of school start date and Immunization Record
- Custody papers (if applicable)
- Photo Identification - of Parent/Guardian
If you have questions about the enrollment process, please call the main office of your child's new school or call 757-357-4393 for information.