Isle of Wight County Schools

Skip to main content
Mobile Menu
| Login

Community Use of School Facilities


The School Board may permit use of school property by members of the community when such use will not impair the efficiency of the school. The Superintendent shall develop guidelines and applications for use of school property. Requests for the use of any school facilities shall be made to the Superintendent or Superintendent’s designee. The Superintendent shall report actions taken under this policy to the School Board at the end of each month.
If the School Board permits the use of its facilities by members of the community or the distribution of literature on school property or at school functions, it will permit such use or such distribution by the Boy Scouts of America, the Girl Scouts of the United States of America, and other youth groups designated as patriotic societies by federal law, to the same extent and in the same manner as all other persons or groups. (Policy KG)