Community Affairs and Media Relations
Isle of Wight County Schools is committed to providing comprehensive communications that allow the community to become knowledgeable and actively involved in the activities of the school division. A variety of print and broadcast mediums are used to fully engage the community to promote awareness and increase support while also creating opportunities for community input and collaboration.
The Community Affairs & Media Relations department coordinates news coverage of the school division and is responsible for overseeing official communications between the school system and the news media. The office provides story ideas to media outlets and assists in arranging appropriate interviews.
Services of the Community Affairs & Media Relations Department also include:
- Handling of requests for information pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
- Developing school division publications
- Responding to media inquiries
- Building community support for Isle of Wight County Schools
- Maintaining the division website and social media pages